Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Great Expectations

There are very few things I enjoy more than writing, and those things are, in this exact order: cats and the color black. With that being said, writing is a wonderful third thing to love, and as it is with all wonderful third loved things, it is only natural to practice them in all applications. When it comes to newswriting however, my skills often fall short and I find myself stuck between writing an intolerably dull piece or turning a short brief into an overly colorful disaster. I expect that through this course I will be able to find a new voice worthy of newswriting, and learn the skills necessary to write effective stories. I also expect to be challenged in finding interesting topics as well as creating a varied writing style. I suppose these are great expectations, however, nothing was ever gained from a lack of things expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment